On 31 October 2013, the Minister Assisting the Prime Minister for the Public Service, Senator the Hon. Eric Abetz, announced interim recruiting arrangements for the Australian Public Service.
As a result of these arrangements only current ongoing APS employees are eligible to apply for the following vacancies.
Further information regarding the interim arrangements is available on the APSC website.
- ARC Recruitment Information for applicants - PDF Format (500KB) - Word Format (279KB) - To be read by all applicants before forwarding their application
- ARC Job application cover form - PDF Format (226KB) - Word Format (124KB) - To be completed by all applicants before forwarding their application
- Referee's Report - Proforma document - PDF Format (351KB) - Word Format (266KB)
- ARC Enterprise Agreement 2011-2014 - PDF Format (804KB) - Word Format (415KB)
- Cracking the Code: How to apply for jobs in the Australian Public Service
- Information for Indigenous Australian applicants
Applications for advertised vacancies should be sent to:
Email: recruitment[@]arc.gov.au (preferred)
Australian Research Council
GPO Box 2702
Canberra ACT 2601
Position: ARC Assist Support Officer
Classification: APS 5
Employment Status: Ongoing
Position Contact: Mr Peter Conn
Apply Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications Close: Wednesday, 4 March 2015
About the Opportunity:
The position is part of the ARC Assist team and as a member of that team you will be responsible for level 1/2 support for ARC ICT services and applications supporting both ARC staff and ARC external clients. You will be a team player keen to share and develop skills within the ARC and possess strong customer service skills.
Duties of the position may include:
- Providing a quality customer experience through timely and effective desktop and application support
- Providing Level 1/2 support for general IT enquiries and ARC applications, including afterhours executive support, ensuring that Service Level objectives are met
- Processing queries to ARC Assist (including the Research Management System (RMS) Service Desk) through all communication channels such as: phone, email and web-forms
- Contributing to projects and programs of work that contribute to the effective development, delivery and maintenance of ICT services within the ARC
- Ensuring all incidents are logged accurately within the incident recording tool
- Developing procedures and reference guides to support internal and external stakeholders
- Undertaking other tasks for the ICT Services Branch and the ARC.
ARC Corporate Policies and Commitment Statements
- Public Interest Discolsure (PID)
- Commitment Statement – ARC Workplace Diversity Plan - PDF Format (643KB) - Word Format (2.8MB)
- Agency Multicultural Plan (AMP) - PDF Format (947KB) - Word Format (7MB)
- Staff Misconduct Policy and Guidelines - PDF Format (661KB) - Word Format (4.41MB)