On 31 October 2013, the Minister Assisting the Prime Minister for the Public Service, Senator the Hon. Eric Abetz, announced interim recruiting arrangements for the Australian Public Service.
As a result of these arrangements only current ongoing APS employees are eligible to apply for the following vacancies.
Further information regarding the interim arrangements is available on the APSC website.
**Please Note that this opportunity is only available to current Ongoing Australian Public Service employees**
- ARC Recruitment Information for applicants - PDF Format (500KB) - Word Format (279KB) - To be read by all applicants before forwarding their application
- ARC Job application cover form - PDF Format (350KB) - Word Format (277KB) - To be completed by all applicants before forwarding their application
- Referee's Report - Proforma document - PDF Format (351KB) - Word Format (266KB)
- ARC Enterprise Agreement 2011-2014 - PDF Format (804KB) - Word Format (415KB)
- Cracking the Code: How to apply for jobs in the Australian Public Service
- Information for Indigenous Australian applicants
Applications for advertised vacancies should be sent to:
Email: recruitment[@]arc.gov.au (preferred)
Australian Research Council
GPO Box 2702
Canberra ACT 2601
Position: Service Desk Team Leader
Classification: APS 6
Employment Status: Ongoing
Position Contact: Ms Trish Leahey
Apply Address: email@example.com
Applications Close: Friday, 5 December 2014
About the Opportunity:
The Service Desk Manager (Team Leader) is responsible for managing the day to day operational the support desk within the ARC. A key deliverable of the role will be to maintain clear work expectations, systems and processes to ensure the in-sourced support desk achieves identified objectives and key performance indicators.
Duties & Tasks:
- Lead, supervise, coach, motivate, encourage, guide and develop Support Desk staff to ensure they provide excellent customer service
- Conduct performance reviews, coaching, side by side monitoring and development to ensure staff achieve their key performance measures
- Provide Level 1/2 support for general IT enquiries, ensuring that
- Service Level Objectives are met;
- all incidents are logged accurately within the incident recording tool and;
- after-hours executive support on a roster basis;
- Ensure the team process queries through all communication channels to the ARC assist (including the RMS Service Desk), such as: phone, email and web-forms
- maintain a register of the ICT services Branch software licences and contracts on behalf of the branch manager;
- Provide secretariat services to the ICT change control committee
- Other duties as required.
ARC Corporate Policies and Commitment Statements
- Public Interest Discolsure (PID)
- Commitment Statement – ARC Workplace Diversity Plan - PDF Format (643KB) - Word Format (2.8MB)
- Agency Multicultural Plan (AMP) - PDF Format (947KB) - Word Format (7MB)
- Commitment Statement – ARC Misconduct Policy - PDF Format (503KB) - Word Format (2.5MB)