- ARChway newsletter – October 2014 edition
- ARC Media Release: New ARC Research Training Centre to transform the Australian food industry
- ARC Media release: New research centre to use advanced molecular imaging to fight auto-immune diseases
- ARC Media Release: Breaking the cycle of disadvantage: Focus of new ARC Centre of Excellence
- Bionic Vision Australia successfully completes clinical trial of implant in retinitis pigmentosa
- Institutions can submit records for EID tagging directly to Elsevier from 1 October 2014 until 12 December 2014
- Find out more about the ARC significant measures in the 2014–15 Federal Budget
- View a list of recent stories in the news about ARC-funded research
- New eBook launched - 3D BioPrinting: Printing Parts for Bodies (02/10/14)
- Bionic Vision Australia successfully completes clinical trial of implant in retinitis pigmentosa (30/09/14)
- Congratulations to our ARC Fellows recognised at 2014 Scopus Young Researchers Awards: Associate Professor David Lubans, Professor Ajanayn Vinu, Dr Shulei Chou, and Dr Kerrie Wilson
Welcome to the Australian Research Council website
The ARC is a statutory agency within the Australian Government. Its mission is to deliver policy and programs that advance Australian research and innovation globally and benefit the community.
In seeking to achieve its mission, the ARC provides advice to the Government on research matters, manages the National Competitive Grants Program (NCGP), and administers Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA).
Through the NCGP - a significant component of Australia's investment in research and development - the ARC supports the highest-quality fundamental and applied research and research training through national competition across all disciplines, with the exception of clinical medicine and dentistry.
ERA assesses research quality within Australia's higher education institutions and gives government, industry, business and the wider community assurance of the excellence of research conducted. It also provides a national stocktake, by research discipline areas, of research strength against international benchmarks.
Australian Laureate Fellowships Funding Outcomes
The Minister for Education, the Hon Christopher Pyne has announced the outcomes of the recent Australian Laureate Fellowships scheme round for funding commencing in 2014.
The Funding Outcomes for Australian Laureate Fellowships for funding commencing in 2014 have been released and are now available on the Australian Laureate Fellowships Funding Outcomes page.
The media kit for this announcement includes: Minister's media release, funding snapshot, Australian Laureate Fellow biographies. This can be viewed from the Announcement Kits page.
Upgrades to ARC Research Management System (RMS)—RMS 2.0
As part of its streamlining activities, the ARC has embarked on an update to RMS called RMS 2.0. The upgrades from RMS to RMS 2.0 will make for a more user friendly and flexible grants management system.
For more information please visit the new RMS 2.0 web page.
Future Fellowships 2014 Funding Outcomes
Minister for Education, the Hon. Christopher Pyne MP, has today announced the funding outcomes for Future Fellowships commencing in 2014.The Funding Outcomes have been released and are now available on the Future Fellowships Funding Outcomes page. The media kit for this announcement—including: Minister's media release, funding snapshot, state project example sheets—can be viewed from the Announcement Kits page.
ERA 2015 Submission Guidelines, Discipline Matrix and Technology Pack release
The ARC has released the Excellence in Research for Australia(ERA) 2015 Submission Guidelines, Discipline Matrix and Technology Pack. These documents provide a detailed guide to the rules and processes for ERA 2015 submission, as well as technical documentation, Code Tables and XML schema related to the ERA 2015 submission process. Documentation regarding ERA 2015 evaluation will be released separately.
Submission Stage 0 for ERA 2015 will open on Monday, 19 January 2015For more information, please visit the ERA 2015 page.