- The ARC has announced funding for a new research initiative which will support Type 1 Juvenile Diabetes research
- Proposals are now open for Learned Academies Special Projects for funding commencing in 2014
- ARChway newsletter – February 2014 edition
- Linkage Infrastructure, Equipment and Facilities proposals for 2015 are now open. Further information is available on the LIEF page
- ARC FAQs including ARC Assessment Cycle information now available
- Release of the ERA 2015 reference periods, including census date
- Release of ARC Research Opportunity and Performance Evidence (ROPE) Statement
Welcome to the Australian Research Council website
The ARC is a statutory agency within the Australian Government. Its mission is to deliver policy and programs that advance Australian research and innovation globally and benefit the community.
In seeking to achieve its mission, the ARC provides advice to the Government on research matters, manages the National Competitive Grants Program (NCGP), and administers Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA).
Through the NCGP - a significant component of Australia's investment in research and development - the ARC supports the highest-quality fundamental and applied research and research training through national competition across all disciplines, with the exception of clinical medicine and dentistry.
ERA assesses research quality within Australia's higher education institutions and gives government, industry, business and the wider community assurance of the excellence of research conducted. It also provides a national stocktake, by research discipline areas, of research strength against international benchmarks.
News from the sector
The ARC funds thousands of research projects each year through the National Competitive Grants Program. To read more about some of the funding outcomes from these projects please visit our Research News and Feature Articles pages.
The ARC also promotes upcoming events, calls for nominations and applications across the research sector. Please visit our Events page for more information.