- Media release: New ARC Training Centre to focus on the science of grain for innovative, high quality products
- Media release: Membership announced for ERA 2015 Research Evaluation Committees
- Research Impact Pathway table in now available
- The ARC website has been updated to reflect new membership of the ARC College of Experts
- ARChway newsletter – December 2014 edition
- New! Feature article: Young Researchers learn to create messages that stick
- View a list of recent stories in the news about ARC-funded research
- The world’s first printed jet engine
- Great Barrier Reef corals eat plastic
- Spinal cord repair one step closer with discovery of the ‘go’ signal for nerve re-growth
Welcome to the Australian Research Council website
The ARC is a Commonwealth entity within the Australian Government. Its mission is to deliver policy and programs that advance Australian research and innovation globally and benefit the community.
In seeking to achieve its mission, the ARC provides advice to the Government on research matters, manages the National Competitive Grants Program (NCGP), and administers Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA).
Through the NCGP - a significant component of Australia's investment in research and development - the ARC supports the highest-quality fundamental and applied research and research training through national competition across all disciplines. Clinical and other medical research is primarily supported by the National Health and Medical Research Council.
ERA assesses research quality within Australia's higher education institutions and gives government, industry, business and the wider community assurance of the excellence of research conducted. It also provides a national stocktake, by research discipline areas, of research strength against international benchmarks.
ARC mourns loss of Professor Graeme Hugo
The Acting Chief Executive Officer of the Australian Research Council (ARC), Professor Marian Simms, has today extended her sincere condolences, on behalf of the ARC, to the family, friends and colleagues of Professor Graeme Hugo, who has sadly passed away.
Please view the full CEO statement.
National Health and Medical Research Council - Australian Research Council Dementia Research Development Fellowships Scheme
To expand research capacity in dementia, a joint National Health and Medical Research Council - Australian Research Council Dementia Research Development Fellowships Scheme opened on 8 January 2015. This joint scheme is inviting applications from postdoctoral researchers across a wide range of science, health and medical fields under a priority framework for dementia research based on national and international strategies.Further details can be found on the NHMRC website.
Special Research Initiative for Antarctic Gateway PartnershipSpecial Research Initiative for Antarctic Gateway Partnership webpage.
2015 ARC Major Grants Announcement
The Minister for Education, the Hon Christopher Pyne MP, has announced the funding outcomes of the Discovery Projects, Discovery Indigenous, Discovery Early Career Researcher Award and Linkage Infrastructure, Equipment and Facilities schemes for funding commencing in 2015.
Corresponding media releases, snapshots and example sheets can be found on the Announcement kits page.