National Competitive Grants Program
Discovery Early Career Researcher Award (DECRA)
The Discovery Early Career Researcher Award (DECRA) scheme is a separate element of the Discovery Program. The DECRA scheme will provide more focused support for researchers and create more opportunities for early-career researchers in both teaching and research, and research-only positions.
The objectives of the DECRA scheme are to:
- support and advance promising early career researchers;
- promote enhanced opportunities for diverse career pathways;
- focus research effort in the National Research Priority areas to improve research capacity and policy outcomes; and
- enable research and research training in high quality and supportive environments.
Researchers may be eligible to apply if they have been awarded a PhD within five years or, together with periods of significant career interruption, have been awarded a PhD within nine years of the closing time of submission of Proposals. Please refer to the relevant Funding Rules for this scheme for eligible periods and types of career interruptions.
It is anticipated that up to 200 three-year Awards, including up to $40,000 per annum in project funds, may be awarded each year.
- Funding Rules
- Funding Agreement
- Instructions to Applicants and Frequently Asked Questions
- Sample Application Form
- Certification Proforma
- Funding Outcomes
- Application closing dates
- RMS/GAMS Information
- Request not to assess
- Classification Codes – FOR, RFCD, SEO and ANZSIC
- Definition of Medical and Dental Research