The ARC sponsors events that promote the benefit of research and science, and provide high level promotion for the ARC.
Any event sponsored by the ARC must:
- align with ARC objectives, within the context of the broader objectives of the Australian Government;
- target audiences that have a direct interest in the outcomes of ARC programs; and
- have branding value (i.e. media opportunities, branding opportunities and/or strategic partnership opportunities).
The ARC has a very limited budget for sponsorship and all requests for sponsorship should be sent to the Director of Stakeholder Relations by emailing communications[@]arc.gov.au. Organisations seeking sponsorship should ensure they make available to the ARC a proposal or prospectus and how the event or opportunity best aligns with the ARC.
|Name||About||Funding amount from ARC (inc. GST)|
|Australasian Research Management Society (ARMS) Conference 2015—30 September–2 October 2015||Bronze level sponsorship of the 17th annual national ARMS conference to be held at Orchard Hotel, Singapore. The ARMS Annual Conference is the principal research meeting for research managers and administrators in Australasia.||$9,500|
|Science meets Policymakers—11 February 2015||Supporting sponsorship of the 2015 Science & Technology Australia Science Meets Policymakers conference at the Crawford School of Public Policy at the Australian National University. The conference will bring together researchers from a range of disciplines and policymakers from various government departments to examine the intersection between the evidence base and policy development.||$2,200|
Other ARC Activities
- Research Administrators’ Seminar, 16–17 November 2015
- Research Administrators' Seminar, 3-4 December 2014
- Research Administrators' Seminar, 25-26 November 2013
- Research Administrators' Seminar, 19-20 November 2012
- Research Administrators' Seminar, 7-8 November 2011