- ARC College of Expert members now updated and available
- The ERA Benefits Realisation Review Report is now available
- CEPAR presentation on population ageing and how to tackle the challenges. CEPAR is proudly supported by the ARC (YouTube)
- Congratulations to ARC DECRA recipient Dr Connie Wong, for winning the 2013 Centenary Institute Lawrence Creative Prize
- ARC opening presentation—2013 Prime Minister's Prizes for Science
- ARChway newsletter – October 2013 edition
Welcome to the Australian Research Council website
The ARC is a statutory agency within the Australian Government. Its mission is to deliver policy and programs that advance Australian research and innovation globally and benefit the community.
In seeking to achieve its mission, the ARC provides advice to the Government on research matters, manages the National Competitive Grants Program (NCGP), and administers Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA).
Through the NCGP - a significant component of Australia's investment in research and development - the ARC supports the highest-quality fundamental and applied research and research training through national competition across all disciplines, with the exception of clinical medicine and dentistry.
ERA assesses research quality within Australia's higher education institutions and gives government, industry, business and the wider community assurance of the excellence of research conducted. It also provides a national stocktake, by research discipline areas, of research strength against international benchmarks.
Future Fellowships for funding commencing in 2013
Major Grants for funding commencing 2014
Minister for Education, The Hon Christopher Pyne MP announced a $522 million boost to the research and innovation sector with 1177 new research projects funded by the Australia Research Council (ARC).
The funding has been announced as part of the ARC's Future Fellowships scheme (commencing 2013) and major grants schemes (commencing 2014).
For further details on the announcement, please visit our Announcement Kits page.
For outcomes for each scheme, please visit the individual scheme pages:
- Future Fellowships for funding commencing in 2013
- Discovery Early Career Researcher Award for funding commencing in 2014
- Discovery Indigenous for funding commencing in 2014
- Discovery Projects for funding commencing in 2014
- Linkage Infrastructure, Equipment and Facilities for funding commencing in 2014
Collaboration to drive innovation: ARC Linkage Projects
ARC CEO Professor Aidan Byrne has announced 306 new research projects through the ARC Linkage Projects scheme, adding that collaboration for quality research and development was fundamental to transforming industries, building communities and strengthening the Australian economy.
Researchers will partner with industry, business and community organisations in a $101.8 million investment that will drive innovation and deliver outcomes and solutions to benefit all Australians.
Please visit the Linkage Projects outcomes page for further details.