- Public Consultation on the Draft ERA 2015 Journal and Conference Lists now extended until Friday 21 March.
- Release of the ERA 2015 reference periods, including census date
- Release of ARC Research Opportunity and Performance Evidence (ROPE) Statement.
- ARChway newsletter – February 2014 edition
- Linkage Infrastructure, Equipment and Facilities proposals for 2015 are now open. Further information is available on the LIEF page
- ARC FAQs including ARC Assessment Cycle information now available
- Discovery Indigenous proposals for 2015 are now open. Further information is available at the Discovery Indigenous page
- Public Consultation on the Draft ERA 2015 Journal and Conference Lists now open
Welcome to the Australian Research Council website
The ARC is a statutory agency within the Australian Government. Its mission is to deliver policy and programs that advance Australian research and innovation globally and benefit the community.
In seeking to achieve its mission, the ARC provides advice to the Government on research matters, manages the National Competitive Grants Program (NCGP), and administers Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA).
Through the NCGP - a significant component of Australia's investment in research and development - the ARC supports the highest-quality fundamental and applied research and research training through national competition across all disciplines, with the exception of clinical medicine and dentistry.
ERA assesses research quality within Australia's higher education institutions and gives government, industry, business and the wider community assurance of the excellence of research conducted. It also provides a national stocktake, by research discipline areas, of research strength against international benchmarks.
Public Consultation on the Draft ERA 2015 Journal and Conference Lists
The ARC is seeking feedback on the Draft ERA 2015 Journal and Conference Lists.
The Draft ERA 2015 Journal and Conference Lists are designed for the sole purpose of supporting ERA 2015. The lists define outlets that are eligible for submission by institutions in ERA 2015, that is, scholarly, peer reviewed outlets that publish original research and will be active during the ERA 2015 reference period for research outputs.
Please visit the ERA Current Consultation page for further information.
The National Health and Medical Research Council (NHMRC) is conducting a survey about the National Statement on Ethical Conduct in Human Research, 2007 (jointly issued by the NHMRC, the ARC and Universities Australia). Submissions are open now until February 2014. Responses will inform the future development of ethical guidance for human research in Australia.